Our London Capital Reading Group takes place every two weeks in Birkbeck College, a short walk from Euston or Kings Cross. It is open to anyone and a pre-existing knowledge of Marxism or Karl Marx’s Capital is not needed. We are reading and discussing the abridged version of Capital: Volume I which is published by Marxist World and can be purchased from this website for just £4.
All meetings will take place from 7 – 9pm on Tuesdays at Birkbeck College: either in the School of Arts, 43 Gordon Square (WC1H 0PD) or the main building in Malet Street (WC1E 7HX), which is just round the corner. Please see dates and locations for the 2017 meetings below.
To find out what part we’re currently reading, please email email@example.com. Each session includes an introduction provided by a group member, and the discussion questions are based on the free study guide on Marxists.org and the study guide which we have published. If you don’t yet have the book or don’t want to buy it, Capital Volume I is available to read online.
Dates and locations
- 14 March 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 28 March 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 11 April 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 25 April 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 9 May 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 23 May 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
6 June 2017 – Room 354, Malet Streetdelayed due to election
- NEW: 13 June 2017 – Tavistock Hotel Bar (WC1H 9EU), 7-9pm
- 20 June 2017 – Room 106, 7-9pm
- 11 July 2017 – Room 124, 7-9pm
- 25 July 2017 – Room 352, Malet Street